Sometimes a good idea turns into a crazy idea. What started out as a way to say thank you to a family friend, has turned in to saying thank you to the friend, his wife, and his four daughters. Erik, Preston, and BJ wanted to thank a friend for coming to do a horse clinic. We are now making 5 quilts for his family. It is fun and exciting, and we are pretty sure that the family will really like what we are doing. But boy!!! It is a lot of work. BJ's mother is quite a quilter, so we have enlisted her help for this project. We started out cutting the pieces we would need for 4 beachball quilts, and one block quilt. (Each beachball quilt has 180 pieces. Times that by 4). I cut quite a few, but I need to give a shout out to BJ, who took material and cut and cut and cut for nearly 8 hours straight on a graveyard shift. Good job BJ!! Friday I took the pieces to LouAnn for a "quick" demonstration on how to put them together. (It took about 4 hours.) Good grief!! It is not easy to make a circle on a quilt!! Keep in mind that I DON"T SEW!!! Bless LouAnn and her patient heart!! She was so good to teach me (and my sister in law Tara). We started with stitch one, and worked our way up to the finished project. I can't believe it!! What a rewarding project! I enjoyed the first one (it was purple) so much that I hurried to start on the second one (it's green.) We still have to tie them and bind them, but it so fun to look at the finished top and know how much work went into it. (BJ also gained a new appreciation for his mom after cutting all those blocks.) Anyway - this project was so out of my comfort zone that I just had to post this project because I am so excited about it!!! Just don't look too close at the corners!!=)
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is Carrie...It's says Jake, but it's not I promise...That's so great! I've only made one quilt, but I absolutely loved it! Good job BJ! Plus, my favorite part of that video was that you put it to "The Working Song" because it's probably my favorite song ever! :)
I like the song too - who an I kidding - I actually like all the songs from Enchanted!!
Wow Jeanna - that looks great. I am glad you posted pictures of the process and not just the finished product! You definately are a woman of many talents. And way to go BJ!
Post a Comment