The horse were getting SOOOOO tired! They were running through about six inches of sand . . they were pooped. I am pretty sure ALL of the horses (and some of the riders) felt like this . . . .
Finally they had enough shots of the horse herd. After those horses were put away, they wanted to do some shots with just the cowboys. The cowboys would run the shot. . .again, and again, and again.
The horses were getting so hot and sweaty . . . sad for the horses, but it sure made the sun hit their coat just right!! Love the shine! (and the picture, and the horse, and . . .of course, the cowboy.)
Getting more instructions for what would be the last two shots, from the director, Eric. 

Then some of the crew took a turn riding! Esther (in pink) and Sharon had fun. Sharon told us she used to ride when she was younger, "But not like you guys do . . . .I rode with a helmet, knickers, and proper boots. We wouldn't have dreamed of twirling a lariet."
The riders waiting to hear their cue "GO PRESTON GO"!! I think at this point, the riders were getting a little sick of hearing those words!
Waiting to see if the last "take" was good enough . After a playback, we heard the famous line "THAT'S A WRAP!", along with a lot of applause, and several "BRILLIANT!" comments! (LOVED their British accents).
I don't know if the crew was tired of us "spectators" taking pictures, but I was a total dork and asked one of the main guys if we could get pictures with the cameras and crew after the shooting was all done. They were very cordial!! (Of course my picture turned out HORRIBLE . . .dang)
While I was more interested in getting a picture with the cameras and equipment (I thought it was cool . . . .). The commercial crew was more interested in having a picture with some scenery. Imagine that.
I know the cowboys were tired of us taking pictures, but they were nice enough to let us take a shot of just them. FYI - Shawn, Tyler, BJ, Erik, Justin, David, Preston
Then some of the crew took a turn riding! Esther (in pink) and Sharon had fun. Sharon told us she used to ride when she was younger, "But not like you guys do . . . .I rode with a helmet, knickers, and proper boots. We wouldn't have dreamed of twirling a lariet."
The crew was super nice and let us watch the clips in 3D . . .(the company has 3d channels in their programming, so the commercial also had to be filmed in 3D). The technology was CRAZY!! The kids enjoyed watching it. Love the glasses!!
We ate lunch and visited with the crew. The food was delicious . . . .ribs and steak. Yummy!
We ate lunch and visited with the crew. The food was delicious . . . .ribs and steak. Yummy!
Then we loaded up and headed home. What a day!
No comments:
Post a Comment