Tuesday, November 9, 2010

One, two, BUCKLE my shoe

SO . . . . . Some amazing ladies in the county put together a local gymkhana for the rodeo game enthusiastics around the county. For those of you who are wondering, the definition of gymkhana is: a meet at which riders and horses display a range of skills and aptitudes. BJ and the kids all participated.
There were three meets, and the final meet was this past Saturday. (I wondered about a horse meet in November, but the weather was BEAUTIFUL!!!)

During the first meet, Brittany took 4th place.
The second and third meet, Brooklyn placed. BJ took 2nd in the last meet. (I was not very diligent in getting pictures of him. OoopS!!)

Jensen didn't place in any of the meets, but if you ask him, he doesn't care, because he was training FLOYD. (Floyd is BJ's 5 year old horse that Jensen has recently placed claim on.)

Preston and his kids participated as well, and Preston pretty much ran the show because he did SO well.

My family all did great . . .and had a lot of fun. (Unless you count the five minutes Brittany was upset each meet when she didn't do as well as she wanted to.) I was SUPER proud of them.

I was really excited to actually be home on a Saturday, and get some work done, but ended up spending pretty much the whole day watching the gymkhana. It was totally worth the filthy house I went home to!!

At the end, everyone who participated in all three meets received prizes. Brittany and Jensen picked cute saddle bags, and BJ got a halter/lead rope. Brooklyn, however, got something a little more pricey!! She was the Junior High Point Winner!! She received a belt buckle for her achievement. She promptly changed out her grand champion hog buckle for her new buckle.
Big shout out to Shauna Shumway and Wendy Benson, and all those involved in having such great prizes donated for these kids!!

BIGGER SHOUT OUT to my awesome family!! Way to go guys!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job to your kids and BJ! That belt buckle is pretty sweet!

Kenny and Amber said...

Congratulations to all! Especially Brooklyn, way to go girl! I wish they had stuff like that when I was young . . . oh well! Jeanna, super cute photos (I think you might be on the verge of becoming a professional photographer - watch out!)