Do we let the people we love know how that we love them often enough?? This past week we had two scary things happen in our family. BJ's mother has a genetic blood disorder, and this past week it almost got the best of her. Her blood was really low and she had to get 4 pints of blood. However, she is really hard to match blood to, and has had some really bad reactions to transfusions in the past. The U of U finally found her enough blood and got it into her system safely, without any reactions! On Friday, my sister Gayla was in a car accident that should have been a lot worse than it was!! We are so lucky she walked away from the accident. Last night I was thinking about the last time I let Gayla know that I love her. It has been too long. The same goes for BJ's mom. I think LouAnn knows that we appreciate her - but I don't think we actually ever really tell her that we love her! Sometimes things in our lives shake us up a little bit, and for awhile we are more aware of how we treat each other and how we spend our time. Well, I have been shaken up this week. I don't know what we would do if we would have lost either of these two wonderful people in our lives. So my goal for the next while, is to try to make a conscious effort to let people who are important to me, know how much I love and appreciate them. Maybe it will turn into a good habit. Who knows? How fitting to be thinking about this subject right at Valentines Day. What a good opportunity to "spread the love"!!
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Have I told you lately that I love you?
Do we let the people we love know how that we love them often enough?? This past week we had two scary things happen in our family. BJ's mother has a genetic blood disorder, and this past week it almost got the best of her. Her blood was really low and she had to get 4 pints of blood. However, she is really hard to match blood to, and has had some really bad reactions to transfusions in the past. The U of U finally found her enough blood and got it into her system safely, without any reactions! On Friday, my sister Gayla was in a car accident that should have been a lot worse than it was!! We are so lucky she walked away from the accident. Last night I was thinking about the last time I let Gayla know that I love her. It has been too long. The same goes for BJ's mom. I think LouAnn knows that we appreciate her - but I don't think we actually ever really tell her that we love her! Sometimes things in our lives shake us up a little bit, and for awhile we are more aware of how we treat each other and how we spend our time. Well, I have been shaken up this week. I don't know what we would do if we would have lost either of these two wonderful people in our lives. So my goal for the next while, is to try to make a conscious effort to let people who are important to me, know how much I love and appreciate them. Maybe it will turn into a good habit. Who knows? How fitting to be thinking about this subject right at Valentines Day. What a good opportunity to "spread the love"!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I think this is an awesome goal! I'm so happy that everything worked out ok and that Gayla was alright and Louann is feeling good.
Thanks for your comments! I didn't know about Aunt LouAnn - I am so glad she is okay. I totally know how you feel. When Kristy had to get life-flighted out, then was in ICU on a breathing maching for a few days it made me realize how much I love her. It also made me feel bad because I haven't been very nice to her lately. I will try to do better. Give my best to Gayla and your parents.
Thanks guys!! What would we do without family and friends?
I'm sorry Jeanna, I didn't know you were having such a hard time. It's sad that these things are sometimes the only way we remember the important things in life. I love you! P.S. The pictures of your kids are so cute!
What a beautiful expression of love, every word so true. Thanks for putting into words how so many of us feel. Please let Merlin and LuAnn know that we love them, and heart felt thanks for you and BJ for your act of love and service on Gayla's behalf and ours!
Post a Comment