Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cattle Drive

Last weekend was my family's annual cattle drive. Every year, since I can remember, my dad and grandad have trailed their cows up to their mountain permit. It has almost become more of a family tradition than a cattle event. When I was little my cousins from up north used to come down to help, and I have so many great memories!! This year, my cousin and her daughter came down to help, as well as one of my aunts, so it brought a lot of those fun memories back. Generally, the cattle drive takes 2 & 1/2 days. The first day is pretty easy, the second day is horribly long and hot, and the third day is in the beautiful mountain scenery. I was so proud of my kids this year. All three of them rode - long and hard!! (All day!!!!) They didn't complain about the heat, (or their sore rears). They just kept on riding!! They only took a break for lunch and then again when the cows got to some water. What troopers!! I also have to give a hand to my cousin too! She hasn't ridden for 3 years, but got on with Brooklyn and was a great helper! The weekend is a lot of work for my dad (and especially for my mom behind the scenes) - but I have memories that I treasure, and now my kids do too!! Thanks mom and dad!!!

2 comments:

Kenny and Amber said...

Jeanna, since you changes your template, I can't see any of the videos you have posted, it is just a white square. Do you know what the problem could be? I really want to see your cattle drive video!

Grovers said...

That is wierd - let me check it out. Thanks for telling me.