So . . .on Monday for family home evening we had our traditional pumpkin dinner and carved pumpkins. The kids had been asking for about 2 weeks when they could finally carve their pumpkins, so we carved them Monday, (although we knew they would look decayed by halloween). Every year when we carve pumpkins, we have our dinner in a pumpkin too! It looks kind of nasty, but it really is good, and you really eat the pumpkin too! (Go figure - it tastes just like squash . . .hmmm...) We carved pumpkins while our dinner was cooking in the oven. I don't know how, but we ended up with a lot of pumpkins this year, so each of them carved at least two. They carved one fancy, using stencils, and then they carved a traditional one that they drew the face on. They turned out really cute, and they have been lighting up our porch ever since! Brittany didn't really care for the part where she had to scrape out all the goop, and Jensen just wanted to get the seeds out and not the rest. We had a lot of fun!! After the pumpkins were done, we lit them up for pictures, and had our pumpkin dinner!!
I don't know what happened - but somehow the video part got messed up and it is just blurry!! Sorry!!!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Okay, that is the coolest tradition! Plus, your pumpkins/jack-o-lanters look so good! I have never been able to carve a pumpkin that good! So, what do you cook inside the pumpkin? I would really like to try it!
It's kind of like goulosh - rice, ground beef, brown sugar, cream of chicken, mushrooms and water chesnuts (if you like them), and a few seasonings! It really is pretty good!! If you want to try it, let me know!
I'm not one for carving pumpkins, but I think it's way cool that y'all have that tradition. I guess the carving is okay, but just seeing the pictures of the seeds and guts made my stomach turn! SICK!!! Yeah, I can't handle it. Very cool pumpkins though! I especially liked Brittany's witch! Have a happy halloween, Jeanna!
Thanks Carrie! Hope you have a fun halloween too - even if you are too queezy to carve a pumpkin - what are you going to do when you have kids???
Hi, Happy Halloween! We sure had a fun visit. Looks like pumpkin carving has come a long way since I last carved a pumpkin with my kids. Super creative job guys!
wow! these are some serious artistic pumpkins- they look great!
Post a Comment