Brooklyn made up a dance to one of her favorite songs, "Who I Am". The song is about being able to be who you are, as you are. She thinks that to her, beauty is being able to be yourself.
So, we got another fun surprise phone call from the PTA president to let us know that they were having an assembly to hand out the awards.
Brooklyn won first place in the older division in the dance category. She got a certificate and $10. She was pretty excited!!
I asked her if she was going to share her money with me since I helped her video her dance and put it on dvd. She just laughed.
Way to go Brooklyn. To me, YOU are beautiful!!
3 comments:
It is sad that I learn cool things like this on your blog... we should really talk more often....Good job Brooklyn!!!!
Too true... kind of feel like we are strangers lately!
Awesome! She is beautiful. What an amazing mom you are to teach your kids about true beauty.
Post a Comment