A horse trainer (and good friend of the family), Shamus Haws, came to Blanding to put on a horse clinic for some local cowboys. Yesterday, Jensen got to get in the ring with the "big guys" and work his horse a little bit. Shamus has a pretty cool training tool . . .a little fake calf that goes back and forth on wire, remote controlled, so that it goes one way, stops, turns, goes forwards, etc. The idea is for the cowboys to really teach their horses to watch the cows and get some "good cow sense". (I am sure there are way more technical terms than that though).
Jensen got to work his horse a little bit using this calf, and he was in heaven! The look on his face was SOOO serious, it was life or death! I couldn't believe his concentration. He really did so good at getting his horse to stop, turn, go, follow, etc. I was super proud of my tiny cowboy. (Who isn't so tiny anymore, he just keeps growing on me, and I am struggling with that!!) Way to cowboy!!

2 comments:
I love to take pictures of this kid. He always has the best facial expressions....so dang cute and they were all a blast to watch. Good job getting this up so quick.
Thanks! I wish I would have gotten a close-up of his face! I can't believe how hard he was concentrating. Kind of love taking pictures of his face too!! -)
Post a Comment