
So . . .when I ended my last post, I assumed that my next post would be about the kids first day of school. I was wrong. I ended up missing the first day of school. . . here's why! My dad was in an ATV accident on July 29. The doctors kept saying he would get better, and that his body had just suffered a lot of trauma. To make a very long story kind of short, his body didn't get better, he got blood clots, and ended up being life-flighted to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo. His body continued to do worse, his lung collapsed, his kidneys tried to shut down, and he was in very bad shape!! But, thanks to wise doctors and therapists, a special bed, and many many thoughts and prayers, he is doing much better!! His doctors called it a miracle, thanks to his special bed, called a RotoProne Bed. It was a crazy bed!! There are some pictures below of the bed. They had him lying on his back, then the doctors would put all these cushions and supports on him, buckle him in (literally), then the bed would rotate over so he was suspended, stomach down, then it would slowly swing side to side (like a crad

le). He would be face down for 4 hours, then face up for 1 hour, then start the whole process again. It was wild!! (kind of like a pig on a rotisserie) Anyway- the doctors say it was the bed that kept him alive - but my family and I know different. There was divine help. Thank you so much to all of you who kept my dad and our family in your thoughts and prayers. I know that he is still with us because of all the love and concern that was shown!!
8 comments:
That does look like a pretty cool bed! I really like the pig analogy! I am so grateful your dad is doing better, and hope that the recovery continues! Best Wishes!
Thank heavens for Faith, Family and Friends!! I'm so happy everything is working out so great. That bed sounds fun, I kinda want to try it ;)
It might sound fun, but I can promise that it wasn't!! He was buckled in so tight!! Ouch!! When he would turn face up, he was all swollen and stuff from the pressure of being turned face down!! My dad remembers some of it, and all he would say was, "That was a wild ride."
wow jeanna, i had no idea all of this was going on. i'm so sorry! but im glad to hear he is doing better. it is amazing what a little faith can do. im glad things are getting better.
Hey friend. I'm so glad that things are doing better. Is he still up here? Are you still up here? Let me know if you need ANYTHING! plus! I love you.
Plus, you are the greatest! Thanks for all you did for us while we were up there!
I didn't even do anything! You silly goose! But, I was so glad to see you.
Someday I'll bring you a drink!!
Post a Comment