Friday, August 29, 2008

True End of Summer

So, as of last night, 08/28/08, our summer is officially over. It was a sad day. The swimming pool closed its doors until next summer. Such a big part of our summer is spent at the pool, that we really know summer is over when we can't swim any more . . .we hold out until the last minute. We squoze in time everynight this week to swim!! I was going to take pictures all summer long, and never did. What a slacker mom I am!! It's pretty sad that I don't even document the thing that we do the most during the summer. I did grab my phone last night though, to get a few pictures, but they aren't very good, and Jensen wasn't even there. (He was lucky and got to go with his Grandma to Colorado.)

Anyway - all three kids are fish!! They love to swim!! They all love to go down the slide, and do tricks off the diving board. Brooklyn & Brittany have even braved the high dive several times. Jensen's favorite tricks are jumping off the board as far as he can, or twisting around with his legs apart when he jumps off. Brittany's favorite thing to do off the diving board is toe touches, and Brooklyn is an awesome diver!!!

I have to admit, I will miss the pool as much as the kids!! I love to swim just as much as they do! Now we just can't wait for the new pool in Castle Dale to open so that we can swim in the summer when we visit up there!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't it crazy that summer is over?! I just can't believe it. Glad your kidos had some good times at the pool.