Thursday, September 11, 2008

Speed "e" racer

Two nights ago our ward had a mother-daughter pine wood derby! At first I wondered what they were thinking - that was for scouts! But, it turned out to be a lot of fun!

Jensen saw our derby kit, and wanted to make our car, so we let him. (I'm pretty sure he had never seen one before and didn't know what it should even be like.) He made it alright - and had so much fun nailing all of the wheels on. Our only problem was that the wheels didn't stay on long enough to run the track. (I need to add that he made it ALL by himself - without any help whatsoever!) So, Brooklyn & Brittany borrowed a car from their cousin Asa. Thanks Asa!

His car did great - and it was a super cute #2 pencil!! We won two heats, and then in the finals we took second in our heat! We had a lot of fun and cheered really hard for our car to win! Brooklyn and Brittany were really excited because although we didn't win the final race, we won a prize for "THE MOST CHEERED FOR". When we came home we all had a nice drink of rootbeer we won and visited about how great Asa's car did. Way to race girls!! (Sorry about the poor quality of the pictures.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so cool. I'm glad y'all had fun. When I read that y'all were cheering, I could hear you in my head yelling for their car. :) Good job Jensen for making the car all my himself! That's awesome!

Grovers said...

You know me too well! I am sure that we won that award because I was the one cheering so loud! Me? Loud?