Last night Jensen and I went to take care of the garden. One of zucchini plants had been taken over by squash bugs, and I mean taken over!! UUGGHH!! Jensen told me that he thought there was 915, 915, 915, and 33 squash bugs. Later that night he told BJ that there were 93 million and 15. (Now that's a lot of squash bugs).
So we picked a zucchini, and brought it in to cook it. One of my favorite summer foods is fried zucchini. (I probably just like it because it is so dang fattening!!) It is a super messy food to cook, so I hardly ever cook it. But last night I just couldn't resist! Jensen decided to help me. He got his chair, scooted it over to the stove, and said, "Watch out for Chef Benny". Throughout the process, he kept referring to himself as "Chef Benny".
Chef Benny dipped the zucchini, floured it, and put it in the pan to cook! He was such a great help!! I had put the egg mixture and flour on a big sheetcake, hoping that it would catch some of the mess, but as you can see in the video, there was still a big mess anyway.
The process is really messy, and really slow, and by the time Chef Benny and I were done cooking all the slices of zucchini, he was beat! He was so tired that as soon as it was done he went to sleep. He didn't even eat a single piece of zucchini.
WARNING: The following video is extremely messy. It is not for the faint of heart. =)
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Thanks for the call. Oh wait you didnt call. I hate squash bugs. Our plants got invaded.
oh my- that is messy- congrats to you for having the patience to let him help! my kids love to help in the kitchen as well. maybe there is something going around this year, because my zuchinni plant got eaten also.
I heard once if you make it to August without squash bugs, then you will be alright - ya right!! We got invaded the last week of August!! UUGGGHH!!
But boy oh boy!! Was that fried zucchini good!! YUMMY!!
Kayela - I could have brought some to your house to try - oh wait, I ate the whole plate (pretty much all by myself.)
That is so funny that he called himself chef benny. haha I love kids, they are so stinkin cute. I love fried zucchinni too. YUM!
Good job chef Benny! That's too cute!
Too Fun. All your goings on. Again it is so fun for us to see all our cousins on your site. Your kids are so cute! Fun fair times and camping! Abi thought the "do your ears hang low" was great. FUN FUN!
Post a Comment