Monday, November 24, 2008

Holiday Challenge

I guess maybe I am getting a little bit sentimental since the holiday season is upon us. I have been listening to simple fiction book (I listen to them a lot, because I don't have as much time as I would like to actually read.) The author has a couple of lines in the first chapter that have stayed in my mind. The first one is "If God can align the planets, maybe he can do the same to our lives.". Kind of like the saying "We can be the hands of heaven on earth." Maybe He can put us in the right place at the right time to help someone. The second line is "Maybe my mom was right, maybe angels do walk the earth".

So I got to thinking . . .maybe if I am looking and am aware of the people around me and the trials they may be going through, (not just my own day to day trials) maybe I can help someone this holiday season. Maybe I can make a difference to just one person. I don't know. Maybe it is a far stretch, maybe I am just rambling, but I would like to think that I could do something to help someone this year. I am not thinking anything profound or life changing, just maybe being "at the right time at the right place" or doing something for someone that will make their day a little bit better.

So~~~my holiday challenge for myself - and for ANYONE and EVERYONE who reads this post~~~be aware of others around you and their needs. See if you can be an "angel on the earth".

Good luck!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

great advice, jeanna! good for you.

Kenny and Amber said...

That was such a good post! I am going to try it. So often I get so caught up in my own life, and feeling sorry for myself that I don't notice those around me. Thanks! Plus, I think you are very good at this already - you are always thinking of others; thanks for your great example!

Kayela said...

The things that have happened recently have really made me think how truly blessed I am. I hope I will be able to help someone in need this year.

Brooke said...

jeana twinner jeana,
thank you for that. you are amazing. I will try to meet your challenge and look out for those in our community who need us.
Have a great christmas!
brookie

Unknown said...

I will for sure add you to our blog. Nothing was wrong actually, I just didn't feel like writing at the time! :)