Since I haven't posted Thanksgiving yet, (Thanks family - we had a really good time!), I thought I would just share two quick stories!
Two weekends ago I asked the girls to go downstairs and get the laundry out of the washing machine. They took a laundry basket and went on their way. When they got down there, there realized that they couldn't reach in to the bottom of the machine to get all the clothes out. So - inventive as they are - the oldest sister boosted the youngest sister up on top of the machine. She then took off her socks, and reached in the machine with her toes to get the clothes out, and then handed them to her sister to put in the basket. Hmmmm...quick thinking girls!! (I just hope her feet were clean!!)
Wednesday night I had dance,but I had started making an enchilada casserole to put in the oven. BJ was outside, and Brooklyn didn't think he was going to get in to finish fixing dinner, so she took it upon herself to complete dinner! (What a girl!!) She shredded the toritillas, layered the sauce, hamburger, and cheese, shredded more tortillas, and then topped it with sauce and cheese, then put it in the oven! Needless to say, dinner was hot and ready to go when I got home!!! (And it tasted great!) Way to go kiddo!
I can't believe my kids are getting so old! (But surely that doesn't mean that I am getting old.) I appreciate all that they do to help around the house!! (Even if sometimes it is against their will.) They are all great kids and I am so thankful for the wonderful kids that they are!!
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You do have good kids! They must have good parents! Oh I like your Holiday Challenge too. It always help your attitude when you start thinking of others! Happy Holidays!
It is so great when the get old enough to help more and more. I love it when I can tell Asa to cook dinner. They really are cute girls.
That's so cute! Your kids are so adorable. I just got a call from Ayla and I gave her your number. I didn't know there was a drill competition up here today! Anyway, I hope they do well.
What great kids! I don't think my 16 year old has ever cooked dinner or done a load of laundry. So way to go. Although my 10 year old knows how to do everything-so maybe there is hope!
Post a Comment