The kids and I made a mad dash for some last summer fun. We went to Spanish Fork the week before school started to do some school shopping and hopefully have some fun. We stayed at my brother's house (thanks Wade) Monday night.
Tuesday morning we hit the stores!! We shopped till we dropped. The kids found some fun clothes, (their choices in style never cease to amaze me.) Jensen has worn long sleeved cowboy shirts and wrangler pants all SUMMER . . . even in the heat. When we went shopping, he just bought t-shirts and some jeans, constantly asking if the clothes he bought were the kinds of clothes his cousins would wear to school. He must really want to fit in. For the past 2 years, Brittany wouldn't wear anything girlish or frilly . . .. what did she pick out this year? Girly, frilly, cute clothes. Go figure!!
We took a break from shopping in the afternoon and went to Veterans Memorial Water Park with Lori and her kids. It was a super hot day, and everyone had so much fun cooling off in the water. Jensen loved the big tube slides. Then Lori was super nice to take my kids to her house so I could do some school shopping. WIERD!! I haven't had to have nice clothes for a LONG time . . . .so I went to see if I could update my wardrobe for my new position at the high school.
After I picked the kids up we shopped some more, then hit Supercuts so they could all get a new, updated do for school. Okay, so the do's weren't really updated, everyone kept their same style, just trimmed up a little bit. I think we finally got back to Wade's at 9:30.
Wednesday morning we woke up early to head to Lagoon. Since the Grover's Annual Tuacahn trip needed to be cancelled this year, most all of the Grover cousins were going to go to Lagoon instead. We couldn't go at the same time as everyone else, but we still went. Luckily, Wade & Ethan go to with us too. On the way there, we called my cousin to see if her daughter could go with us. Brooklyn was pumped to have a cousin with her, and everyone was excited to go to Lagoon. (Even though my kids had never been before and had NO idea what to expect.)
Everyone had tons of fun on the rides, the lines weren't too bad, and they can't wait to go back next year!!! We spent the entire day going from ride to ride, and playing HARD!! I think we left Lagoon around 7:00 p.m. I still had a few stops to make, and after dropping Ciera off, then stopping back at Wade's, we headed home at about 9:45 p.m.
I think the kids must have had too many rides that day, because all the way through the canyon that night, they all kept saying that they were sick to their stomach's. When we go to Price, we stopped at Wendy's and got BJ some hamburgers (he was on the baler ALL night and starving!!)
We made it home without problems, took BJ his food, and I think got home at about 2:30 a.m.
It was a fast and furious trip, but hopefully one the kids will remember!!!
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
holy cow! busy woman. i hope things go great with your new job at the school. and, dang, next time you are out of town like that and bj needs some food, call me for crying out loud! i can go grab something and take it to him!
YAY you updated! Cute slideshow. I'm happy you guys had such a fun summer.
You updated your blog!!! "Good...job!" :) Glad you had a good summer!
Post a Comment