Saturday, December 13, 2008

O' Christmas Tree

We finally decorated the tree on Wed. night. The kids had been so very patient in waiting for us to have a night to put it up. The week had been really busy because it was dance review time and drill competition season but the kids just waited. I am thankful that I have an understanding and supportive family.

It was fun to watch the kids get excited over all the little ornaments they could put on the tree. We have little stick things and Brooklyn wanted to put them up high on the tree, so she stood on the couch and threw them into the tree. Interesting technique.

We put up a little tree downstairs and the kids decorated it too - it is a little bottom heavy - but I guess that was the look they were going for.

Someday it would be nice to have a "beautiful" tree - but for now our trees have character, and I refrain daily from re-arranging the ornaments that were placed there so carefully by little hands.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome technique, Brooklyn. Way to refrain from rearranging. :) I'm sure my mom had to do that too! O'well, you're right. It has character. :)