Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sweet Christmas Wishes

We had our Christmas dance review on Thursday night. Amber, Kindra and I were all so impressed with how well the girls did. It is interesting to see how they actually do up on the stage. In the studio, all the classes know the dances so well, and smile, and practice really great. But when they get on the stage, we never know what is going to happen. Sometimes it seems like nerves get the best of them and the dances sometimes seem to fall apart. This year though, I think all the classes did such a great job!!! I am so proud of all of the dancers and how brave they were to get on the stage - especially the adults!! A couple classes had a rough run-through on Wednesday at the rehearsal, but they pulled it off on the stage during the show! Way to go!!!

I also have to be a proud mom, and tell me girls what an awesome job they did!! Brittany did her dance great - and didn't forget any of it. She danced like a champ even though she was sick and didn't feel good at all! Brooklyn was great too - she seems to have a natural stage presence - she looks so comfortable up there performing. Way to go girls! You make my heart happy!!

I have to give a special thanks to BJ's family and my family for all the support that they give us!! We had so many of them offer to help decorate, tend kids, help with the show - you name it!! Thanks to all the family who was there to watch and support the Grover girls who danced. Special thanks to Mom, Dad and Gayla who spent more 8X more time in the car that day than they did at the show. It means a lot to us!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww!! I wish I could have seen it, or been it...either way. :) I miss dance so much. I'm glad it went so well though. That's great! "Good...Job".

Nan said...

Cute slideshow. I will have to share with you a couple pictures of Brooklyn I got when I was taking pictures of my girls on stage. And I still need to pay you. I don't remember if you said how much. I will get with you next week. Thank you so much for all you do for my girls.

Grovers said...

Thanks guys! Carrie - dance misses you too! Nan - some pictures would be great, and December was half tuition. Thanks for sharing your girls with me!! =)

Unknown said...

I will be there next Saturday. I'm not sure how long we'll be there for sure, but I don't have to be back at work until the 2nd. Hope I get to see you!

jeannie said...

I loved the Christmas Review! It was so fun and all the dances were performed well. Brooklyn and Brittany did exceptionally well, they are both very good dancers and they looked beautiful! It was well worth the travel time for one hour of entertainment so well done!